

KEIZER, Ore. (May. 17, 2026) — Two Salem men have been arrested and a third suspect surrendered to police following a February shooting near a busy Keizer shopping center that wounded two people, including a father of two who was shot in the head while driving his family home from an In-N-Out Burger drive-thru, authorities said.
The arrests came after Keizer police, assisted by Salem police SWAT officers, served a search warrant around 4 a.m. Saturday at an apartment in the 1600 block of Madras Street Southeast in Salem, according to the Keizer Police Department.
Police said 20-year-old Salem resident Ethan Adrian Armenta-Lagunas was taken into custody during the operation. He was booked on charges of first-degree assault, unlawful use of a weapon, first-degree criminal mischief and recklessly endangering another person. Investigators said several firearms were recovered from the apartment.
Later Saturday morning, Keizer officers and deputies with the Marion County Sheriff’s Office arrested a second suspect, 18-year-old Salem resident Gabriel “Alex” Javier, in the area of Monroe Avenue Southeast in Salem. He faces the same charges.
Both men were lodged at the Marion County Correctional Facility.
Police initially said a third suspect, 22-year-old Salem resident Anthony Taylor-Manriquez, remained outstanding and should be considered armed and dangerous. Authorities later announced Saturday night that Taylor-Manriquez surrendered to police around 10 p.m. and is now in custody.
The arrests stem from a Feb. 9 shooting at Keizer Station that injured two people and rattled the popular retail and restaurant area.
Investigators said a family of four — a 28-year-old mother and father and their two children, ages 2 and 7 — had just left the drive-thru at In-N-Out Burger around 10:15 p.m. when gunfire erupted near the intersection of Keizer Station Boulevard and Northeast Ulali Drive.
Police said bullets shattered the family’s vehicle windows, striking the 28-year-old father in the head. Despite suffering what authorities described as a serious but non-life-threatening injury, the man drove to a nearby fire station for help.
Firefighters provided emergency aid before transporting him to a hospital, where he was expected to survive, police said.
Authorities later discovered a second victim who had been shot in the leg during the same incident. That person also survived.
Hours after the initial shooting, police said a second shooting at Keizer Station left a delivery truck riddled with bullet holes. Investigators have not publicly identified the victims.
The Keizer Police Department has not released additional details about a possible motive for the shootings.
All suspects are believed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law

Discover more from Medford Alert News
Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.
