The Jackson County Sheriff’s Office has issued the following evacuation notice due to the nearby Heppsie Mountain Fire:
All evacuation notices have been cancelled.
(Previous LEVEL 1 and LEVEL 2 were cancelled by authorities)
Level 2 – BE SET to evacuate means:
- There is significant danger in your area – be ready to leave at a moment’s notice.
- Time to act – follow your emergency plan. Grab your go-kit of essential supplies for health, safety, and identification. For more info, visit RVEM.org.
- Stay informed and be alert. Continue to check for updates through local city and county websites, social media, TV, and radio.
- Relocate to a safe place outside of the affected area. Inform loved ones of your plans.
- If you need emergency shelter, call 211 or 1-866-698-6155, visit 211info.org, or text your zip code to 898211. TTY: dial 711 and call 1-866-698-6155. Language interpreters are available by phone. Text is available Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., in Spanish and English.
This may be the only notice you receive. Don’t wait to evacuate if you feel unsafe. Conditions can change rapidly. You do not need to wait for another evacuation notice. Make the best decision for your safety.
Medford Alert will continue to monitor these fires and provide updates as they become available.