Deputies Arrest Beaverton Man After Alleged Explosive Attack

CORNELIUS, Ore. (Nov 11, 2025) — A Beaverton man was arrested Thursday night after deputies said he threw an explosive device and fired multiple rounds at a Cornelius home earlier that morning in what investigators described as a targeted attack.

According to the Washington County Sheriff’s Office, deputies serving the city of Cornelius responded around 4:13 a.m. Thursday to a report of an explosion near the 300 block of North 10th Avenue. The resident who called 911 told dispatchers that an explosive device had been thrown at their door. When they inspected the damage, they found several bullet holes in the door, authorities said. No injuries were reported.

Deputies requested assistance from the Washington County Community Violence Reduction Team (CoVRT) and the Metro Explosives Disposal Unit. Investigators determined the attack was targeted and that the suspect was known to the victim.

Due to concerns that the suspect may have possessed firearms or additional explosives, the Tactical Negotiations Team, Crisis Negotiations Unit, Remotely Operated Vehicle Team, and Incident Management Team were called in. Investigators obtained a search warrant for a home near the 13000 block of Southwest Cottontail Lane in Beaverton, where the suspect, identified as 37-year-old Samuel Lund, lived.

Before the warrant was executed, investigators saw Lund leaving the home on a bicycle around 10:30 p.m. and took him into custody near Southwest Scholls Ferry Road. A subsequent search of his home uncovered more explosive devices, deputies said.

Lund was booked into the Washington County Jail and charged by the District Attorney’s Office with:

• Four counts of Attempted Murder in the First Degree

• Attempted Murder in the Second Degree

• Arson in the First Degree

• Four counts of Unlawful Use of a Weapon

• Felon in Possession of a Firearm

• Unlawful Manufacture of a Destructive Device

• Unlawful Possession of a Destructive Device

Authorities say that the investigation remains ongoing.


All suspects are believed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.


Your tax deductible donation directly supports Medford Alert News’ daily operations, helping us deliver accurate, agenda-free reporting. Every contribution keeps us independent and focused on providing timely, reliable information to our community

Discover more from Medford Alert News

Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.

Share