MEDFORD, Ore. (Dec 12, 2025) — Medford police have arrested a 19-year-old man in connection with a shooting that injured one person earlier this month, authorities said.
Detectives with the Medford Police Department arrested Audrik Darling of Medford on Thursday, Dec. 11, with assistance from the department’s SWAT team and the Medford Area Drug and Gang Enforcement (MADGE) unit. Darling was taken into custody at about 4:35 p.m. in the Medford Center parking lot.
Police said Darling was identified as a person of interest in a shooting reported Dec. 5 near the intersection of Marie Street and Stevens Street. He was also wanted in connection with a separate kidnapping, assault and unlawful use of a weapon investigation stemming from an Oct. 11 incident.
Darling was interviewed at the Medford Police Department and initially lodged on charges related to the October case. On Friday, Dec. 12, detectives filed additional charges connected to the Dec. 5 shooting. Police said the firearm believed to have been used in the shooting has been recovered.
The Dec. 5 shooting was reported at about 5:46 p.m., when officers responded to calls of gunfire in the area of Marie and Stevens streets. Security footage from a nearby residence captured the sound of shots being fired, police said.
While officers were canvassing the neighborhood, Providence Emergency Department notified law enforcement that a person had arrived with a gunshot wound to the abdomen. Officers contacted the victim at the hospital, where the injury was determined to be non-life-threatening.
Investigators found several spent shell casings at the scene, and detectives took over the investigation. Police said the probe was complicated by limited cooperation from those involved, but detectives determined the suspect and victim knew each other and that the shooting was not random.
In connection with the Oct. 11 incident, Darling and four additional suspects were indicted by a Jackson County grand jury on Tuesday, Dec. 9, police said. Authorities said additional information will be released as other suspects are taken into custody.
Charges related to the Oct. 11, 2025, incident include first-degree kidnapping, second-degree assault, third-degree assault and unauthorized use of a motor vehicle. Charges related to the Dec. 5, 2025, shooting include attempted murder, second-degree assault, first-degree criminal mischief and unlawful use of a weapon.
Police emphasized that the investigation remains ongoing.
All suspects are believed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law

Discover more from Medford Alert News
Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.

One thought on “19-Year-Old Arrested in Medford Shooting, Also Faces Kidnapping Charges”
Comments are closed.