FIRE WEATHER WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM MONDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH MONDAY EVENING FOR STRONG GUSTY WIND AND LOW RH FOR FIRE WEATHER ZONES 616, 617, 620, 621, 622, AND 623…
- IMPACTS…Any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly. Outdoor burning is not recommended.
- AFFECTED AREA…In Oregon…Fire weather zones 616…617… 620…621…622…and 623, including Medford, Ashland, Grants Pass, Cave Junction, Roseburg, Shady Cove, Butte Falls, Union Creek, Toketee Falls, Tiller, Glendale, Sutherlin, and portions of the Umpqua and Rogue River-Siskiyou National Forests.
- WIND…Northwest 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 20 mph.
- HUMIDITY…As low as 10 percent.
- PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS… If you have not packed your fire kit yet, now is the time to do so. This includes items like important documents and essentials you cannot live without. Fill your vehicle’s fuel tank. Visit ready.gov/kit for more information. Plan now to avoid using equipment that could cause sparks during the period when critical weather conditions are possible. Visit weather.gov/medford/wildfire for links to fire restrictions in your area. A Fire Weather Watch means that critical fire weather conditions are possible during the valid watch time. These conditions could promote the rapid spread of wildfires which could become life- threatening.
Source: NWS Medford