What is the Landlord Guarantee Program? Do you have a tenant with outstanding rent debt who has applied for rent help, the Landlord Guarantee Program may be able to help.
When a tenant notifies the landlord that they have applied for rent assistance, the 60 day “safe harbor” begins. Oregon’s Landlord Guarantee Program reimburses landlords for eligible non-payment costs, like rent and late fees, incurred during the “safe harbor” period.
You may qualify for funds if:
- Your tenant provided you with documentation they received from a rent assistance provider showing that they applied for rent assistance:
1) delayed delivering a Termination Notice for Non-payment, or
2) delayed initiating or continuing an action for possession based on a termination notice for non-payment and
- The tenant has back-owed rent and/or eligible non-payment charges that accrued during the period of delay, and
- The tenant lives in Oregon
You will be required to submit documentation with your application, including:
- A copy of Property Management Agreement with the Owner, if you are the Property Manager
- Completed IRS W-9 form “Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification”
- A copy of the notification the tenant gave you that they applied for rent assistance.
This can include a copy of an e-mail, copy of a screenshot, or other written or electronic documentation
the tenant received directly from a rent assistance provider that verifies the submission of an application for rent assistance.
To begin, visit homeforward.org