HEAT ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM NOON SATURDAY TO 9 PM SUNDAY
- WHAT…East of the Cascades, temperatures in the 90s to around 100, and west of the Cascades temperatures around 100 to 110.
- WHERE…Portions of northern California and south central and southwest Oregon.
- WHEN…From noon Saturday to 9 PM Sunday.
- IMPACTS…Hot temperatures may cause heat illnesses to occur.
- ADDITIONAL DETAILS…The hottest temperatures will be Saturday.
- PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS… Drink plenty of fluids, stay in an air-conditioned room, stay out of the sun, and check up on relatives and neighbors. Young children and pets should never be left unattended in vehicles under any circumstances. Take extra precautions if you work or spend time outside. When possible reschedule strenuous activities to early morning or evening.
- Know the signs and symptoms of heat exhaustion and heat stroke. Wear lightweight and loose fitting clothing when possible. To reduce risk during outdoor work, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration recommends scheduling frequent rest breaks in shaded or air conditioned environments. Anyone overcome by heat should be moved to a cool and shaded location. Heat stroke is an emergency! Call 911 if experiencing symptoms.