The National Weather Service in Medford has issued a Severe Thunderstorm Warning for South central Jackson County in southwestern Oregon…
- Until 900 PM
- At 8:28PM a severe thunderstorm was located over Medford, moving east at 15 mph.
- HAZARD…Quarter size hail. SOURCE…Radar indicated. IMPACT…Damage to vehicles is expected.
- Locations impacted include… Medford, Central Point, Eagle Point, Jacksonville, Agate Reservoir, Roxy Ann Peak, White City and Phoenix.
- PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS… For your protection move to an interior room on the lowest floor of a building. Large hail and damaging winds and continuous cloud to ground lightning is occurring with this storm. Move indoors immediately.
- Lightning is one of nature’s leading killers. Remember, if you can hear thunder, you are close enough to be struck by lightning.
- HAIL THREAT…RADAR INDICATED; MAX HAIL SIZE…1.00 IN; WIND THREAT…RADAR INDICATED; MAX WIND GUST…<50 MPH
Source: NWS Medford