HEAT ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM NOON SATURDAY TO 11 PM SUNDAY.
- WHAT…Maximum temperatures of 90 to 99 degrees expected.
- WHERE…In California, Western Siskiyou County. In Oregon, Central Douglas County, Eastern Curry County and Josephine County, Eastern Douglas County Foothills, Jackson County and Siskiyou Mountains and Southern Oregon Cascades.
- WHEN…From noon Saturday to 11 PM Sunday.
- IMPACTS…Hot temperatures may cause heat illnesses to occur.
- ADDITIONAL DETAILS…A period of near record heat is expected over the west side valleys Saturday into Sunday. It will also be slow to cool off Saturday night, especially in more urban areas.
- PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS… Drink plenty of fluids, stay in an air-conditioned room, stay out of the sun, and check up on relatives and neighbors. Young children and pets should never be left unattended in vehicles under any circumstances. Take extra precautions if you work or spend time outside. When possible reschedule strenuous activities to early morning or evening.
- Know the signs and symptoms of heat exhaustion and heat stroke. Wear lightweight and loose fitting clothing when possible. To reduce risk during outdoor work, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration recommends scheduling frequent rest breaks in shaded or air conditioned environments. Anyone overcome by heat should be moved to a cool and shaded location. Heat stroke is an emergency. Call 911 if experiencing symptoms.