WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 5 PM MONDAY TO 11 AM TUESDAY ABOVE 2500 FEET
- WHAT…Snow expected above 2500 feet. Total snow accumulations 3 to 6 inches. Winds gusting as high as 50 mph.
- WHERE…Eastern Douglas County Foothills and Jackson County above 2500 feet. This includes Jacksonville Hill on Highway 238, and highway 227 north of Shady Cove.
- WHEN…From 5 PM Monday to 11 AM Tuesday.
- IMPACTS…Travel could be very difficult. The hazardous conditions could impact the morning or evening commute. Gusty winds could bring down tree branches.
- ADDITIONAL DETAILS…The combination of strong winds and snow will result in reduced visibilities and occasional whiteout conditions.
- Slow down and allow extra time to reach your destination.
- Carry tire chains and be prepared for snow covered roads and limited visibilities.
- A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means that periods of snow will cause travel difficulties
Source: NWS Medford