WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 7 PM THIS EVENING TO 10 AM THURSDAY BELOW 1500 FEET… …WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 7 PM THIS EVENING TO 10 AM THURSDAY ABOVE 1500 FEET
- WHAT…For the Winter Storm Warning above 1500 feet, heavy snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 4 to 8 inches, with up to 12 inches expected above 3000 feet. For the Winter Weather Advisory below 1500 feet, snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 1 to 4 inches.
- WHERE…All areas will experience some degree of winter weather impacts. For the Winter Storm Warning, this includes I-5 passes north of Grants Pass and from Talent south, Highways 227, 199 at Hayes Hill, Jacksonville Hill and the foothills within Jackson, Josephine and Eastern Curry Counties, including Butte Falls and Prospect. Highway 42 at Camas Mountain, Highway 227 south of Tiller and the foothills within Douglas County. For the Winter Weather Advisory, this includes Medford, Grants Pass, Eagle Point, Shady Cove, Rogue River and Cave Junction. In Douglas County, the rest of I-5, Highways 42 and 138 and the cities of Roseburg and Sutherlin.
- WHEN…From 7 PM this evening to 10 AM Thursday.
- IMPACTS…Travel could be very difficult to impossible. The hazardous conditions could impact the morning commute.
- ADDITIONAL DETAILS…Snow levels will likely reach valley floors near or above 500 feet tonight.
- Travel is strongly discouraged because of dangerous conditions.
- If you must travel, keep tire chains, a flashlight, blankets, food, water, medications, and a fully charged phone with you.
- The safest place during a winter storm is indoors.
- A Winter Storm Warning means that severe winter weather is likely and poses a threat to life and property. Take protective action now.
- A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means that periods of snow will cause travel difficulties. A Winter Storm Watch means there is potential for significant snow accumulations that may create dangerous travel.