After nearly a year-long investigation into a local drug dealer, MADGE Detectives arrested 22-year-old Mason Jeffrey Barrette who is believed to be linked to numerous overdoses in the Medford area.
The investigation revealed Barrette was obtaining drugs from the Bay Area in California and bringing them into Medford to distribute. Barrette was utilizing juveniles to deliver these drugs into the community. In addition, he was using a third-party apartment in the 1800 block of Crater Lake Ave. as a hub for this criminal activity.
MADGE Detectives obtained and executed a search warrant for the involved apartment which led to the seizure of over a ½ pound of fentanyl and various quantities of other drugs, including Xanax, psilocybin mushrooms, and methamphetamine.
On May 5th, Mason Jeffrey Barrette was lodged at the Jackson County Jail on the following charges:
· Unlawful Possession, Distribution, and Manufacturing of a Schedule II controlled substance (fentanyl)
· Unlawful Manufacturing and Distribution of a controlled substance within 1000’ of a school
· Unlawful Possession of Psilocybin
· Unlawful Possession of a Schedule IV controlled substance (Xanax)
· Unlawful Delivery of a of Schedule II controlled substance to a minor (fentanyl) [x2]
· Unlawful Possession of Methamphetamine
· Supplying Contraband
This case was presented to a Grand Jury on May 9th, 2023. Barrette was indicted on the listed charges. At the request of the Jackson County District Attorney’s Office, Barrette is currently on a “no matrix” hold at the Jackson County Jail preventing his release.
Barrette is the subject of multi-agency investigations and has additional criminal charges pending.
A criminal complaint is only an accusation of a crime, and a suspect is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
Source: Medford Police