FREEZING FOG ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 11 AM THIS MORNING
- WHAT…Visibility as low as one quarter mile in freezing fog.
- WHERE…The Rogue and Illinois Valleys in Josephine and Jackson Counties. This includes Medford, Cave Junction, Grants Pass, Gold Hill, Central Point and Selma. This also includes portions of Interstate 5 and Highway 199 as well as the passes north of Grants Pass and Hayes Hill Summit.
- WHEN…Until 11 AM this morning.
- IMPACTS…Hazardous driving conditions from low visibility and slippery conditions due to frost on bridges and area roadways.
- If possible, wait for temperatures to warm above freezing before traveling.
- Slow down and give 3 times as much space as normal between vehicles.
- Use low beams. High beams reflect back fog making visibility worse for you and other drivers.
- Fog makes objects appear farther away than they are.
- Don’t use cruise control. Most crashes occur because the driver is going too fast for weather conditions.