HIGH WIND WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 10 AM WEDNESDAY TO 4 PM THURSDAY
WIND ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 10 AM WEDNESDAY TO 4 PM THURSDAY
- WHAT…For the High Wind Warning, south winds 35 to 45 mph with gusts up to 65 mph expected. For the Wind Advisory, south winds 25 to 35 mph with gusts up to 50 mph expected.
- WHERE…Jackson County. For the warning, the southern Rogue Valley and hills around Ashland. For the advisory, all other areas.
- WHEN…From 10 AM Wednesday to 4 PM PST Thursday.
- IMPACTS…Damaging winds will blow down trees and power lines. Widespread power outages are expected. Travel will be difficult, especially for high profile vehicles.
- PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS… People should avoid being outside in forested areas and around trees and branches. If possible, remain in the lower levels of your home during the windstorm, and avoid windows. Use caution if you must drive.