Due to loss of water pressure in the distribution system earlier today, potentially harmful bacteria could be present in the water supply.
Only customers within the identified service area are affected by this occurrence. If these bacteria are present, they could make you sick and are a particular concern for people with weakened immune systems.
The affected area is shown in the above map, but if you have received a notice directly from your water provider, you are in the affected area.
Field crew members will be flushing affected areas and testing samples for bacteria. Officials will inform customers when tests show no bacteria, and there is no longer a need to boil water. Authorities anticipate resolving the problem within 24 – 48 hours.
10/18 UPDATE: Boil Advisory has been lifted, according to Grants Pass officials.
Source: City of Grants Pass