This weather advisory is no longer active, as it has been upgraded to a Red Flag Warning.
FIRE WEATHER WATCH IN EFFECT FROM TUESDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH TUESDAY EVENING FOR STRONG GUSTY WIND AND LOW RELATIVE HUMIDITY.
The National Weather Service in Medford has issued a Fire Weather Watch, which is in effect from Tuesday afternoon through Tuesday evening.
- AFFECTED AREA…Fire weather zone 280, including the Mountain Fire, zone 617, including the Windigo fire, and zones 621, 622, and 623.
- WIND…Northwest winds 10 to 20 mph with gusts as high as 30 mph.
- HUMIDITY…6 to 13 percent.
- If you have not packed your evacuation kit yet, now is the time to do so. This includes items like important documents and essentials you cannot live without. Fill your vehicle’s fuel tank. Plan now to avoid using equipment that could cause sparks during the period when critical weather conditions are possible.
- A Fire Weather Watch means that critical fire weather conditions are possible during the valid watch time. These conditions could promote the rapid spread of wildfires which could become life- threatening.