RED FLAG WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 1 PM TO 9 PM TUESDAY FOR STRONG GUSTY WINDS AND LOW HUMIDITY FOR PORTIONS OF FIRE WEATHER ZONES 621 AND 622.
The National Weather Service in Medford has upgraded the Fire Weather Watch to a Red Flag Warning, which is in effect from 1 PM to 9 PM PDT Tuesday.
- Impacts: Strong, gusty wind with low relative humidity and critically dry vegetation will greatly increase the spread potential of any new and existing fires.
- Affected area: In Southwest OR…Eastern Fire Weather Zone 621 and southeastern Fire Weather Zone 622, including Medford, Central Point, Ashland, Grizzly Peak, Siskiyou Summit, and Mt. Ashland.
- Wind: Southwest 15 to 20 mph with gusts up to 30 mph.
- Humidity: As low as 10 percent.
- If you have not packed your evacuation kit yet, now is the time to do so. This includes items like important documents and essentials you cannot live without. Fill your vehicle’s fuel tank. Plan now to avoid using equipment that could cause sparks during the period when critical weather conditions are possible.
- This means that critical fire weather conditions are possible during the valid time. These conditions could promote the rapid spread of wildfires which could become life- threatening.