EXCESSIVE HEAT WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 1 PM MONDAY TO 11 PM SUNDAY…
- WHAT…Dangerously hot conditions with temperatures between 105 and 110 expected. Overnight lows will also be much warmer than normal, mainly 65 to 70.
- WHERE…Most of Josephine and Jackson Counties in southern Oregon and portions of western and central Siskiyou County. This includes the Rogue, Illinois, Applegate, Lower Klamath River, Scott, and Shasta Valleys as well as surrounding areas.
- WHEN…From 1 PM Monday to 11 PM SUNDAY.
- IMPACTS…Extreme heat will significantly increase the potential for heat related illnesses, particularly for those working or participating in outdoor activities.
- PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS… Drink plenty of fluids, stay in an air-conditioned room, stay out of the sun, and check up on relatives and neighbors. NEVER LEAVE CHILDREN AND PETS LEFT UNATTENDED IN VEHICLES UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES! This is especially true during warm or hot weather when car interiors can reach lethal temperatures in a matter of minutes. Take extra precautions if you work or spend time outside. When possible reschedule strenuous activities to early morning or evening. Know the signs and symptoms of heat exhaustion and heat stroke. Wear lightweight and loose fitting clothing when possible. To reduce risk during outdoor work, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration recommends scheduling frequent rest breaks in shaded or air conditioned environments. Anyone overcome by heat should be moved to a cool and shaded location.